Start Date- 2/24/2020 (Still Looking to Hire)
Duration- 3 Months +
Location- Lakeland, FL
Experience: This position requires 8 years of relevant industrial experience in electrical/controls drafting and design.
Generally responsible for performing design tasks related to electrical/controls assignments using theoretical knowledge and practical design methods. Work at this level requires experience in design, involves applying design techniques and analysis. This work will be performed under general supervision.
The Electrical Designer works independently; performs routine aspects of design, drafting; develops designs; works with minimal supervisor; determined objectives and approaches to assignment as well as supporting engineering staff in project objectives.
• Layout, design of electrical installation in industrial chemical plants.
• Prepare all electrical design deliverable's including:
o Single Line diagrams
o Electrical layout diagrams.
o Power plans
o Grounding plans
o Junction box location drawings
o Lighting drawings
o Wiring drawings
o Cable and Conduit Schedules
o Panel schedules drawings
• Work closely with discipline engineers and designers to ensure a coordinated project execution
• Provide discipline specific design input to project scopes of work, project schedules and man-hour estimates
• Mentor junior level designers and provide a detailed independent quality check for packages created by other design teams.
• High school diploma
• Technical Degree or Certification in Design, preferred
• Minimum 8 years of design or electrical experience.
• Working knowledge and direct experience with AutoCAD,
• Thorough knowledge of standard industry electrical design practices, codes and standards