Start Date- Immediately
Duration- 1 year +
Location- Houston, TX
• Assist to develop and implement effective reporting and analysis to improve understanding of actual and forecast performance, to drive future financial performance.
• Supports development of timelines and processes to meet deadlines and expectations as set by all level of the organization.
• Where required, ability to fill any location FPA role for a temporary period, to support completion of reporting (budgets, forecasts, monthly and weekly reporting).
• Analyses and interprets management reporting; comparing budget/forecast to actual, including KPI’s, key business drivers and trends, overheads, business development activities and market conditions.
• Coordinate, review and distribute weekly changeability reports, flash reporting, Reporting Packs and analysis to relevant stakeholders.
• Co-ordinate budget, forecasting, monthly and weekly processes and ensure integrity of data entered into Hyperion for locations
• Maintain high quality of presentation, clarification, and accuracy with all information disseminated
• Ad-hoc Business Analysis as required
• Maintain an effective internal control framework to highlight and manage risk by providing an independent assessment of the health of the business
• Ensure the necessary review and pressure testing of presented information for budgets, forecast, monthly and weekly information, is conducted before issuing to the necessary stakeholders.
• Assists FPA Manager and Location Finance Director as the day to day finance business partner to the department budget owners and representative of Finance function to department managers.
• Assists processes that enable the business to effectively manage its costs. Identifies and implements specific cost reductions and/or leakages.
• Identify effective overhead and working capital reporting/analysis to drive productivity
• Ensure appropriate accountability and performance standards are met and maintain high levels of confidentiality and sensitivity
• Assist Americas Financial Planning & Analyst Manager with rollout and implementation of consistent and unified reporting across the region
• Leverage common system platforms, e.g. Hyperion and Oracle
• Be a custodian of finance systems and data
• Be a Finance super user and be the first point of contact on system related issues
What you will bring
Required Technical and Industry Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 5+ years’ significant financial experience, majority of this in role as Financial Analyst; minimum 3 years post-qualification experience.
• Familiar with ERP and BI environments, specifically Oracle.
• Hyperion Super User; able to understand business logic/rules.
• Proficient use of the most common Microsoft applications including intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel to download and analyze data (pivot tables etc)
• Expert technical and analytical accounting skills, specifically in the areas of financial modelling and reporting.
• Must have either public practice or publicly traded company experience – both would be preferable.
• Expert technical understanding of GAAP; maintains the highest professional ethics and standards.
• Communicates and operates effectively between Location, Region and Corporate demonstrating cross organizational collaboration in order to achieve the correct balance between differing reporting requirements
• Works effectively in a global, multi-cultural team in a remote/virtual environment.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance