Start Date- 2/24/2020 (Still accepting candidates)
Duration- 1 Year +
Location- Elkview, WV
Participates in the design of chemical process units, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design, development of P&IDs, equipment specifications, control systems data sheets, hydraulic calculations, participation in HAZOPs, etc. Has comprehensive understanding of chemical engineering principles, theories, concepts, industry practices and standards and their applications. Works under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion. May provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
• Develops process flow diagrams
• Models processes and units operations. Proficiency is use of ASPEN is a plus.
• Knows how to develop P&IDs, including knowledge of ISA symbology, typical P&IDs for reactors, heat exchangers, distillation columns, storage tanks, solid-liquid separation equipment, utility systems, etc.
• Develops process specifications, e.g., distillation columns, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, and fired heaters
• Skilled in hydraulic calculations (compressible and non-compressible flows)
• Has some experience in sizing of relief devices
• Is skilled in mark-up of P&IDs
• Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
• Directs activities to ensure that design, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
• Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
• Recognized Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in chemical engineering or technical field from an accredited college or University required
• 2+ years of experience with an E&C company preforming process design
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• P.E. License preferred
• Travel is required