Process Lead Engineer
Start Date- Immediately
Duration- 1 Year +
Location- Houston, TX
Responsible for the Topsides delivery of Process engineering scope during Optimize and subsequent stage of each subsea tieback project in support of the overall Project delivery of the Project Engineering Team Leaders and Engineering Manager. Provide assurance, oversight, and approval of project documentation. Performance management of engineering contractors while providing technical direction.
• Provide support and assurance to the Engineering contractor(s) in their delivery of key studies and deliverables associated with the Optimize, Define and Execute stages of the project, including guidance on ETP requirements.
• Support and facilitate the effective delivery of the various assurance reviews required as per the GPO Engineering Management Guide, including HAZOP, HAZID,
• Interface with the Subsea Engineering, GOO, Project Management, and Base Management to ensure requirements are completely addressed, and ensure an integrated and coherent design is implemented for each project.
• Advise the Engineering Manager and Engineering Team Lead on key technical, risk and integrity issues within discipline.
• Ensure GPO or GOO S&OR Process TAs are appropriately engaged in the project and consulted on related technical issues.
• Support incorporation of CLIENT Lessons Learned into the project design and to raise any project related lessons which may apply to other projects.
• Determine requirements for third party or UEC studies during Optimize and Define and then provide oversight and performance management against agreed scope.
• Ensure projects meet Process engineering standards and that design proceeds compliant with BP’s Operating Management System (OMS), Major Projects Common Process (MPcp), industry codes and Engineering Technical Practices through all stages of each project.
• BSc or BEng or MEng (UK), BSc (US), or international equivalent in
• Chemical engineering or relevant engineering subject.
Experience and Job Requirements :
• Minimum of 6 years oil and gas experience
• Extensive technical understanding of process engineering in the oil and gas industry.
• Project experience as a Process Engineer in Pre-FEED, FEED or Detailed Design stages of a Project.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the project team, Contractors and GPO leadership
• Proven ability in practical application of engineering standards and practices for process engineering.
• Experience at managing change