Senior PDMS Piping Designer
Start Date- Immediately
Duration- 1 Year +
Location- Elkview, WV
Primary Job Responsibilities
This is an intermediate level position. The Piping Designer will be responsible for the preparation of engineering drawings for all construction work by utilizing PDMS. In close cooperation with the engineering department team, the Piping Designer will produce detailed drawings, including as-builts, schematics and flow diagrams, P&ID's and piping drawings.
• Piping Designer with PDMS & field experience to:
Perform field walkdown of existing P&ID’s
Shoot elevation with level & tripod
locate tie point dimensionally
Route pipe through existing facilities, and
Return to the office and input field data into the PDMS model
As some projects will utilize Laser Scanning, experience with the scan and PDMS is a plus
• Experience executing projects within existing facilities with many obstructions and other design constraints.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in Piping design of Chemical facilities required, with at least 2 years of PDMS experience.
• MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
• Basic understanding of piping layouts and field drawings is required
Other Essential Functions & Requirements
• Good oral and written communication
• Previous safety awareness training
• Able to perform job walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility in a hot climate