Sr. Principal Designer - Fluid Catalytic Cracking
Start Date- Immediately, Duration-Long Term Contract to Direct Hire, Location- Houston, TX
The Senior Principal Designer is responsible for the execution of the mechanical portion of the scope for design of static equipment including vessels and internals for FCCU design and revamps. Work activities may include;
• Reviewing and interpreting engineering data and drawings
• Preparing vessel drawings in 2D using AutoCad
• Preparing 3D models of complex vessels and/or components using SolidWorks or Inventor
• Preparing drawings and/or 3D models of refractory lined vessels and piping
• Understanding of the types of refractory and anchorage used in FCC equipment
• Complying with company QA, policies and procedures
• Checking vendor fabrication drawings for compliance with design drawings
• Providing design support by answering technical questions and requests
• Reviewing and checking drawings prepared by others
• Working independently with minimal supervision on concurrent projects
• Designing equipment and piping in accordance with ASME Codes
• Design of vessels with internals, linings, ladders, and platforms
• Occasional travel to domestic and international sites
The position requires 10 or more years of mechanical design experience with 5 or more being FCC specific.
This individual must be able to anticipate problems, understand customer needs, provide proactive solutions in line with the organizations objectives, and possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Excellent software knowledge and experience with AutoCAD, Inventor and/or SolidWorks, and Microsoft Office applications.
Experience in design of refractory lined equipment is required.
Must be willing and able to travel to petrochemical plant sites and work in a plant environment involving climbing, confined space entry, etc…
Applicants possessing TWIC preferred.