Senior Mechanical Engineer with hands-on experience of CAD Design
TYPE: Long Term Contract| SALARY: Open | POST DATE: 09/20/2018
In the role of Senior Design Engineer, you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency in CAD tools along with Oil and Gas domain knowledge for design of engineering tools and develop appropriate test specifications all in accordance with client procedures. You will apply and interpret engineering calculations to obtain design solutions. You will define input requirements and develop functional specifications by utilizing basic statistical methods and reliability techniques. Prior experience of designing/manufacturing down-hole tools for high pressure/high temperature applications preferred.
Location for this position is Houston- TX. This position may require travel depending upon the client requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or foreign equivalent required.
• Certified Solidworks Associate - Preferred
Preferred Skill Set:
• Total 5 to 10 years of experience in Mechanical Design in Oil and Gas domain
• At least 5 years of experience in Solidworks. Should be proficient in different Solidworks modules like Solid Modeling, Weldments, Mold Design, Advanced Surface Modeling, Simulation, Solidworks API Fundamentals, etc.
• GD&T application
• Tolerance analysis
• Drilling tool design
• Develop Testing Specifications and reports
• Experience in Value Engineering, FMEA, Reliability, Design of Experiments (DOE)
• Conversant with standards like API, ASME, ANSI, ASTMS standards of Design
• Proficient in Basic Mathematics, Geometry and Trigonometry.
• Strong Analytical skills
• Requirement Analysis – Understand the requirements from client design engineers and collaborate with cross functional teams to know the design scope
• Detailed Design of Mechanical Downhole tools and Mechanical Service Equipment
• Detailed Drafting of part and assembly drawings following GD&T standards and client drafting standards
• Work with client engineer on tolerance stack up analysis, as required
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment. Need to Work with extended team in India and review their work periodically.