Area Expeditor (Blackfoot, ID)
Long term contract
This position expedites completion and delivery of materials and
equipment within a geographic area by visiting suppliers' facilities to
ensure conformance with purchase order agreements and project
requirements. Evaluates supplier progress on engineering, materials
acquisition, manufacturing, testing and shipping. Initiates timely
actions as required to maintain supplier progress to support project
schedules. Documents shop visits to the project with written reports of
Duties and Responsibilities
Area Expediting Specialist travels within assigned geographic area to
perform the following duties:
- Monitors supplier operations involved in producing the
materials/equipment specified in the purchase order, including
production planning, order entry, engineering, materials acquisition,
manufacture, assembly, testing and shipment.
- Evaluates manufacturing progress at the suppliers' plant through
visual observations. Reviews sub-orders and expedites engineering and
data submittal's. Reports this information to the Project Expeditor by
e-mail with an electronically transmitted expediting report.
- Analyzes supplier schedules and progress reports to determine if they
support the project required delivery dates. Identifies problem areas
and initiates or recommends corrective action to the supplier
- Coordinates expediting activities with project expediting personnel.
Interfaces with Area Supplier Quality personnel in mutual support of one
- Obtains and reports shipping information.
- Reports supplier status information, such as supplier labor contracts
and negotiations, supplier management changes, product changes and lead
times, enabling the project to update Bechtel databases.
We are seeking individuals with a minimum of 3 years experience and
proficiency in shop expediting at supplier facilities and procurement
techniques and practices. Additional experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of scheduling, purchasing, supplier quality and
- Demonstrated knowledge in general shop practices, engineering and
drawing control, inventory control, shop scheduling, and supplier
-Ability to communicate well with suppliers, projects and supervisors.